Selleys Liquid Nails 75G Superior Adhesion For Fixing Mirror & Aluminium
A premium grade construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong bond on mirror, glass, aluminium & metal. It has non-corrosive properties when being used on mirrors, and will not de-silver the mirror. Mirror-Metal-Glass is heat & steam resistant which is important when fixing mirrors to walls in the bathroom.
- Heat & steam resistant.
- High temperature & UV resistant.
- Will not discolor mirrors.
- Strong vertical hold.
- For interior & exterior use.
- Ensure the surface is sound, dry, and free from oil, grease, and dust.
- Application for mirrors:
- For mirrors up to 6mm thick, apply strips of adhesive approximately 8cm apart. Do not apply adhesive within 5cm of the mirror edge.
- Immediately after applying adhesive, place mirror against the wall before adhesive skins (within 5 minutes).
- When the mirror is pressed onto the wall, strips of adhesive must not spread into, or touch one another. A gap must remain between them.
- Hold in place with temporary supports (e.g. with clips or tape) to maintain adhesive contact over the total bond area until sufficient adhesive strength has developed (normally after 72 hours).
- Do not seal around the edges of the mirror for at least a week to allow air circulation.
- Mirrors should not be fixed directly to unpainted timber, plaster, concrete, or brick walls. These surfaces should be painted to prevent potential damage to the mirror.
- General Application:
- Painted surfaces should not be flaky or peeling. Freshly painted surfaces should be allowed to dry for at least 7 days before the job is done. Test for compatibility on painted surfaces, before using.
- Not for permanent water immersion.
- Not for rigid bonds (eg. broken glass).
- The adhesive requires air to cure.
- Clean up while wet with mineral turps.
- On contact, an uncured sealant can irritate eyes.
- If in eyes, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin. If contact occurs, wipe off immediately and wash with detergent. May irritate sensitive skin.
- Avoid breathing vapors.
- Ensure use in a well-ventilated area, product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime while curing.